BigGuide UK is a searchable, categorized index of manually reviewed Websites. Established in October 2007. Like it’s parent website, BigGuide, BigGuide UK is growing quickly and becoming a recognized UK Web directory and popular resource for the UK internet community.
Our mission is to build a large database of quality Websites that offer information, resources, and products that is free for all to use.
Advertising and Review Fees
BigGuide UK accepts advertising via ‘Featured Listings’ as a source of revenue. BigGuide UK also charges a modest review fee to cover the costs of reviewing and adding visitor-submitted Websites. BigGuide UK does not endorse or recommend any commercial products or services.
Inquiries regarding BigGuide.co.uk may be addressed to David at admin(at)bigguide.co.uk
1.What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter.For example, when you add a listing, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card.We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, and processing payments, and adding your site(s) to our listings.
- Cookies. Unlike many websites, we do not use “cookies”.Cookies are small programs that we transfer to your hard drive that allow us to recognize you.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address.IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted.In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
2.How Do We Use Your Information?
- Information. We occasionally need to send notices to users/clients about changes underway or completed that affect listing URLs or category placement, as well as, other similar occasions.
- Special Offers.We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers.In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies.Again, you may “opt-out”.If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them.The offers come directly through us.Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement.If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law.We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security.However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.